The airwaves –both the media airwaves and the thoughtstreams – are full of the buzz of the Presidential election. One of the most common memes I am hearing is, “Well, of course I am going to vote for Hillary. She’s awful, but Trump is terrifying, and we need to at least keep him out of office.”
Well, here are five reasons why that attitude will help continue the destruction of our country:
- It’s theater.
The whole circus is a drama intended to distract us. The political theater keeps our minds, energy, money, and effort directed toward something that has no actual impact whatsoever. If you think your vote makes one bit of difference in how the world is actually run, you have not been paying attention. The choices are not real choices; you are selecting from a pre-set menu of options that are all owned by the corporate overlords and will all do as they instruct. The drama of the elections serves a number of purposes:
- It keeps you distracted from the horrors going on in this country and in its imperial exploits around the world.
- It makes you think you have a voice and so prevents you from doing anything that really matters or will actually change anything.
- It makes you feel invested in your choices, so that you will justify the most ghastly things (Guantanamo, Syria) because you voted for the candidate in office.
- It divides us, giving us plenty of inane reasons to hate one another, fight, bicker, and disagree, rather than coming together against the real enemy.
- It’s rigged.
If you haven’t realized after the past few elections and MOST ESPECIALLY the Democratic Primary this year that the election is gamed, you must be in a coma. They don’t even try to hide the layers and depth of voter fraud anymore. Hillary will be coronated; that is the plan, and the infrastructure is in place to steal any votes she cannot get. They have virtually unlimited financial resources and zero integrity. (And clearly, as they had to pay people to sit in seats and cheer for her at the Democratic Convention, that fraud is going to come in handy.) Bernie’s purpose was to direct the energy of all of the disenfranchised, idealistic, energetic, and hopeful people into an absolutely useless channel. Now, that energy has been spent or wasted, and they are trying to turn it toward “vote for Hillary to keep Trump out.” It’s a farce, and another way to buy enough votes to make the election easier to steal. Don’t sell out like Bernie.
- If there ever was a time to vote for a third party, this is it.
The process is a scam, but there is finally the possibility of demonstrating that the population is waking up out of it. Both Hillary and Trump are hated by virtually everyone. If there ever was a time to open the doors to other possibilities, THIS IS IT! Obviously, a third-party candidate is not going to win – Hillary has been chosen to reign as our queen – but the least we can do is suck away any “mandate” she can claim by having won a “majority” of votes, and show that as a people, we are ready to abandon this two-party joke for what it is. Check out Gary Johnson, Libertarian; Jill Stein of the Green Party; and John McAfee, all pretty amazing people.
- Hillary Clinton is evil.
I know things about Hillary Clinton that would make your blood curdle. Yes, Trump is a racist madman. But Hillary is not the lesser of two evils. If you want to understand what Hillary really is (if you can’t see it in her face already), read the book Trance: Formation of America by Cathy O’Brien. Every American should read the book anyway to really understand what is happening at the highest echelons of the American power structure.
Hillary is owned by the globalist coalition of bankers and corporations and will do what they want her to, which includes:
- Continuing our wars of aggression
- Continuing to shill for Monsanto and destroying our food supply
- Continuing to allow pharmaceutical companies to determine what medical procedures we need and then mandating them
- Continuing to erode our freedom of speech, freedom to bear arms, freedom to assemble, freedom from unreasonable search & seizure, etc.
- Continuing to fund terrorists and then claim to be fighting them
- Continuing to foment a race war and other divisions that keep us distracted and fighting ourselves
- Continuing to militarize police and expanding the police state
- Continuing to expand the prison industrial complex via the massive failure of the War on Drugs
These are just a few of the things that we will see with President Hillary. Are you really going to vote for that? The “lesser of two evils” argument is spurious here.
- We passed Nazi Germany a while back.
I’ve heard the fear that Trump is like Hitler. Well, folks, Nazi Germany’s got nothing on Imperial America in the 21st century. You won’t find out by reading the corporate-owned media, but it doesn’t take much digging to find out what our leaders have been perpetrating on the world. This time, Americans are distracted by propaganda, sports, fast food, fashion, and entertainment, so they don’t notice so much our descent into fascism. It doesn’t have to have a swastika on it; it’s still evil.
In the country:
- The police can legally steal your money and/or your property, and they do. Civil asset forfeiture, in which the cops can take your money and property without even charging you with a crime, now surpasses burglaries for theft of people’s money.
- The War on Drugs has resulted in more people in prison per capita in the U.S. than in any other country, by a long shot! (And of course a hugely disproportionate number are black.) We are #1 for putting people in jail for non-violent crimes. The War on Drugs has also resulted in a slew of Constitutional rights being eviscerated, all in the name of making sure we don’t ingest something that might temporarily alter our consciousness. The War on Drugs also makes possible a black market where real criminals and gangs can thrive.
- Now not only can you not fly without being absurdly violated by the TSA, but DUI checkpoints are popping up everywhere, where they will search your papers and may force you to undergo blood draws, cavity searches, or x-rays (this is really happening). We pay for this with our tax dollars.
- The U.S. is on a travel advisory from several countries, warning travelers to the U.S. that interactions with the police may turn violent or even end in death. Our police have become militarized factions whose goal no longer seems to protect the citizenry. New stories pop up daily of police beating innocent people, shooting dogs, shooting unarmed people, tasing people, and arresting people for actions that are NOT illegal. Chicago’s police department was caught disappearing people to a hidden location for hours or days without charges or rights. Check out thefreethoughtproject.com to learn more about the growing police state.
- People are losing their children because they refuse to allow doctors to fill them with dangerous chemicals. The state is now telling us what medical procedures we need to submit to. The United States government has been caught repeatedly performing medical experimentation on people without their knowledge or consent. Visit: http://www.ranker.com/list/the-13-most-evil-u-s-government-experiments-on-humans/robert-wabash to read about some of these instances, such as infecting black men with syphilis or spraying San Francisco with bacterial pathogens. This is not conspiracy theory; it’s documented fact.
- In many places, you cannot have a garden in your own yard. You are not allowed to live off the grid. You might lose your children if you let them go outside on their own. You will go to jail for being homeless. There is not a profession in the world that doesn’t now require licenses or permits. It’s estimated that most people commit three felonies daily without being aware of it.
- Do I even need to mention surveillance?
- The NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) states that you can be assassinated or disappeared or held indefinitely without trial, even as an American citizen. Remember Anwar Al-Awlaki’s son, the innocent 16-year-old American citizen killed by a drone strike, legally?
- Whistleblowers like Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning, John Kiriakou, Julian Assange, Sibel Edmonds, and Edward Snowden who try to alert us to the crimes of the United States are demonized or imprisoned.
That is just the beginning of what’s happening inside the country, which has undeniably become a police state. The constitution has been shredded and our rights trampled, and it worsens every day. But let’s look at what’s happening outside the country, because that’s where it begins to look a lot more like Nazi Germany:
- We have been deposing democratically elected leaders around the world in an effort to economically enslave countries, beginning in South America and continuing in Africa and the Middle East. We are the terrorists, folks.
- The U.S. has destroyed Iraq and Afghanistan. At least 1.3 million people have lost their lives in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. That does not take into account other war zones, such as Yemen. Drone attacks frequently target peaceful assemblies with “noncombatants” present. Read this article to learn more about the U.S.-led genocide in the Middle East: https://www.rt.com/op-edge/245217-us-war-terror-casualties-genocide/. Those countries are decimated and are now breeding grounds for the kind of terrorists we’re afraid of. They don’t want to kill us for our “freedoms”; they want to kill us because we murdered their families in cold blood. Wouldn’t you?
- Speaking of terrorists, we fund and arm the same terrorists we claim to be fighting against. What the fuck is a “moderate rebel?”
- Did you notice that the U.S. recently bombed a Doctors Without Borders hospital in Kunduz? All signs point to this being a war crime of staggering proportions: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/29/kunduz-hospital-attack-msf-us-military-charges
- We just provided Israel with the largest aid package in all of history. So that they can continue to slaughter Palestinians? (Over the course of only 50 days in 2014, Israel killed 546 children in Gaza, 180 of them under the age of five.)
- We continue our friendly relations with Saudi Arabia, one of the worst violators of human rights.In 2015, Saudi Arabia carried out 158 executions, 63 for non-violent drug crimes.
The United States has become the bad guy. Hitler would be proud.
So vote for Hillary if you want. Check the box to let the world know that you accept the expansion of American imperial wars, drone strikes on innocent civilians, the War on Drugs, the prison industrial complex, Monsanto, Goldman Sachs, terrorism, the race war, police militarism, corporatism, global banking hegemony, etc. etc. Because that is better than Trump being in office, right?
One last note: Donald Trump is a pretty accurate reflection of the mentality of the people in this country right now. Bellicose, idiotic, egotistic, selfish, moronic, racist, and full of hatred. Even the possibility of having him as President has started to wake people up to the depths to which we’ve sunk. Why stop that process? At least Trump shines a very bright light on our madness and makes it impossible to ignore. I would vote for hastening that up rather than trying to halt it. Wake the fuck up, America!